Image taken from telegraph.co.uk
When it comes to road safety, it’s better to be safe than sorry. We’ve got some useful tips to help keep you safe, and reduce the probability of being involved in a road accident. And if you’re looking for a car with top of the range safety kit, then why not have a look at some car finance options?
Whilst it might be thrilling to reach top speeds in your car, it’s also incredibly dangerous for you, your passengers, and any other drivers or pedestrians you could potentially hit. By slowing down, you won’t be caught out by speed cameras either!
Follow Road Etiquette
Simple things like staying in your own lane, indicating when necessary, and keeping the correct distance between vehicles will improve your chance of not being in an accident considerably.
Watch Out For Hazards
Whether this is watching out for stray schoolchildren during the school run, or keeping an eye on any warning signs that crop up. The more you are aware of your surroundings, the better equipped you will be to deal with any sudden emergencies which could potentially end in an accident.
According to statistics, seatbelts can cut the risk of serious injuries and fatalities by 50%. They also help to protect your head and neck from injury. Buckling up only takes a second, but can save you and your passenger’s lives.
Replace Air Bags
Another safety precaution you can take is to make sure that the airbags in your car are fully functional. And if they have been deployed, make sure to get them replaced promptly.
Quit Bad Habits
Most of us are guilty of a couple of bad habits when driving. Unfortunately these can lead to an increased chance of an accident. For example:
– Don’t use your mobile when driving. If your eyes aren’t on the road, then you won’t be able to concentrate properly.
– Have both hands on the wheel. The 10 and 2 o’clock position will give you more control over the car, which will help if you find yourself in a near-accident.
– Driving needs 100% of your concentration, so get rid of any distractions in the car. Whether the radio is too loud, or you have noisy passengers distracting you.
– Don’t ever drive tired, as this slows down your response times considerably. Instead, split driving, leave enough time to reach your destination, take breaks, and avoid late night driving.
Prepare Your Car
By making sure that your car is in top condition, you’ll reduce the amount of fault-related accidents. Don’t ever compromise on brakes and tyres, as these are integral parts of your car’s safety.
– Prepare your car for bad weather, and try to avoid driving in it when possible.
– Check your tyre treads and that they’re properly inflated
– Take your car in for regular servicing. The likelihood of you being involved in an accident due to a technical malfunction will be reduced.
– Get your brakes checked.
– Keep all windscreen and mirrors clean. Visibility is highly important in reducing the potential for an accident. Make sure to replace the wiper blades too if they’re damaged.
Remember, if you’re looking for a car with some great safety kit, auto financing is always an option. With hundreds of cars to choose from, you can find the safest car for you and your family.
We expect more than 51% of our customers to achieve this rate.
|Loan Amount||Total Cost of Credit||Representative APR||48 Monthly Payments||Deposit Amount||Loan Term||Total Amount Payable|
|£7,500||£3019.16||19.1% APR||£219.77||£0||48 Months||£10,519.16|
We are a broker not a lender and our registered office is Trident Park, Trident Way, Blackburn BB1 3NU. Our contact number is 01254 919000